Sunday, February 8, 2015

Ding Dong

Life always begins somewhere. My professional life pretty began here at KMS. Although I was leaning towards being in a high school English classroom, a student teaching position opened up here in a middle school, and I grabbed it. My thinking was get my student teaching assignment covering grades 7-12 under my belt, and I could go any place. It was an enlightening 8 weeks. I worked with two seventh grades and one ninth grade advanced English class. It was fun. I learned a lot that you never discover in all those 'methods of teaching' textbooks. Oh ya, I almost forgot. I met a beautiful blonde in this building that I have been with ever since.
What do they say?
Life moves in mysterious ways.
Mine has. 

22 comments:

  1. It sounds like that was where you were meant to be at the time! That poor bus looks like it might not be going anywhere for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lying snow is melting only so very slowly under a blanket of fog today

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a man who makes the right choices. I saw the opera "Eugene Onegin" last night. That was a made who made a poor choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So this place is a crime scene... :-)

    (Literally translated from the French expression: where something happened.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is always important to make good choices...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun story! And it ain't over yet! That poor school, though - looks like it's going to disappear under a cover of snow pretty soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The things you learn in school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good memories for you in that building!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was the best eight weeks of your life if it landed you Elenka. She seems like the absolute best!

    Those two sculptures were great, but I didn't see a sculptor's name. One was made with blots and the other with rivets. And the manipulated photographs were exceptionally well done, though not to my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those "methods" classes didn't teach me much. Nothing like being out and involved with students, to learn a few things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You met yours in a school. I met mine in a bar. They both lasted a long time so whatever works.

    Geez you've had a lot of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It sounds like you learned what you wanted in more ways than one. And everyone won.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes you are just in the right place at the right time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ah grabbing up that teaching positions turned out very well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Too much snow by now. I taught 7 and 9th graders for 12 years and 10-12 for 18. I like all the grades: upper grades enabled me to read some really good stuff for class, but the middle school kids were really, really funny and enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete