Friday, April 4, 2014

Storage

Sometimes it's lonely being by yourself.
This looks to be a very economical storage alternative behind the Amtrak station. I bet it beats the heck out pricy marinas located around the harbor. Own a boat? Storage is a big ticket item to consider.
Storage for me comes down to energy storage. Unlike a fine friend and coworker next door, who is always eating to feed the metabolism, I pass on breakfast and make it to lunch before I partake. My lunch these days: cottage cheese, plain yogurt, raisins, almonds, blueberries, sliced bananas, a few grapes. It's a mess when I stir the concoction together, and yes, I get strange looks at my lunch table and a few laughs thrown in, but from my end it's delicious. 
As George Costanza says, "It's all pipes; what's the difference. It all ends up in the same place."
Storage of energy is a very good thing.
Now, that's food for thought.

12 comments:

  1. Zillions of these plastic-covered creatures along the Maine coast . . . and soon they'll shed their winter coats. . . soon, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But breakfast is the MOST important meal to start the day. If you strike the cottage cheese and add a half cup of old fashioned oatmeal, that is my breakfast. I find it best to rent large boats when I want to go out, so I never have storage or maintenance boating costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to go for two meals a day, and it depends on when I'm starting the day out as to if the first is breakfast or lunch.

    We've got plenty of those awaiting the summer here, but it'll still be awhile before they're out on the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a dramatic composition. And you got from a lonely boat to your lunch, exactly how?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew you were pretty bananas and now I know why!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a sensible lunch to me, though I've read that breakfast is the best meal of the day to eat. (I eat one similar to your lunch, sans cottage cheese.)

    Big boats are one big expense, from fuel to maintenance to storage. BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds delicious to me! I might have to try that concoction.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, when you describe the lunch like that, it does sound pretty good (though the day that you added chocolate chips, well, that was so gross you couldn't even eat it). It's the days when you throw in leftovers (quite eclectic) and the whole container looks like a compost heap. Now THAT'S when you get the looks . . .

    ReplyDelete
  9. We attended a demolition rave type concert in the white building behind the boat. I had not been to Thompson's Point since I played in an all star LL game in 1963. Soon all of these old brick buildings will be demolished to make room for the Maine Red Claws Basketball Arena and outdoor concert venue.....a revival of some sort.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Passing on breakfast is so not a good thing Birdman, but I bet you've heard that many times before :)

    ReplyDelete