Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Past or Future

This looks like a fall shot, but it was taken yesterday. Is it a glance back at a murky past or some sort of slow clarification of the road ahead? Take your pick. With apologies to 'chairman of the board', regrets, sure I've had a few. Mistakes/? There is a long line of those, but I really must say that I've learned quite a bit from those experiences. Embarrassments? Yes. Loss of face? Sure. Vows that that will never happen again? Many, many, many. Like most, I like to think that I've learned from all of those miscalculations. I'm not a habitual offender. Screw up big time, and I don't want that feeling again. I steer clear. At least, if I look back with my memory, it reflects back that way to me.
My memory seems a bit foggy at times though.
Perhaps Elenka might be a better judge.
Learn from mistakes.
Then turn the page.

14 comments:

  1. I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, you're purrrrrfect!
    Wait a minute....that time you cut your own hair? Or your car rolled down the driveway into the woods across the street.....by itself?
    That's about it! I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I can feel your pain as I don't think you're alone in terms of mistakes, regrets, etc. Just out of curiosity, I'm tempted to ask Elenka to explain the details, but I'm afraid I don't have enough time to hear her out!

    Oh, wait, I'm reading her comment now. Wow, you sure have her bamboozled - two little minor things is all she can remember? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try not to think of those mistakes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have had our share of mistakes otherwise we would not be human -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the idea of learning from your mistakes and then turning the page. Seems like good advice to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Birdman, you have the most supportive (or conned) wife I have run across.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Several kinds of reflections in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still not sure how you got 'mistakes' out of this cool photo, but . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am with Sharon on how you got to that subject, but I love the photograph and see people in the murky outlines.

    ReplyDelete